Thursday 16 July 2009

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The ink wells of Rutland

Another visit to Rutland's most celebrated fictional peer.ThursdayRutland’s ink industry has long been the foundation of its prosperity. I am fortunate enough to own some ink wells myself â€" some supplying blue ink and some black â€" as well as a plant where the two varieties are varied to form blue-black ink. In recent weeks, we have been shipping innumerable barrels of Rutland Extra Black to Westminster and nowadays I discover why.The Commons publishes its members’ expense income and they are simply dripping with the stuff. “Redacting” they call it. If I had covered my work with that quantity of ink, my schoolmasters would have called it something very different and bewildered their opinion upon me in negative uncertain manner.Ink extraction, incidentally, is not without its dangers and we live in fear of single of the men declining in. We keep to hand a supply of industrial strength blotting paper for such emergencies, as that is the only thing that could save him.Previously on Lord Bonkers' DiaryMonday: Sense on MPs' expensesTuesday: David Boyle - a star is bornWednesday: The Corby trouser press
Watch live TV on your laptop or desktop PC within seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment